Changes to the upcoming schedule and other info will be updated here, so check often.


     UPDATE 5/30:

      So much has happened in just one week.  Keep in mind we are still almost a MONTH from attempting to resume JBT action, and things can and will change, so we implore you to check our website and facebook often for updates.  Some folks who HAVE facebook report not seeing our posts unless they directly go to them and refresh  (thanks crappy FB algorithm), so please tell people who even have facebook that JBT has updated more!  If they don’t have facebook, we put all this up on the ‘Covid-19’ page of the website.  On with the show:

       If you are or know of someone looking for a summer internship, David Domaguin’s niece’s company his hiring multiple interns.  Check them out at

      We have now posted those who have already qualified for each conference’s Girls and/or U-17 Invitationals.  Like the regular Invites, you can still ‘jump in’ to those Invites based on your results coming up.   Remember, it’s possible to qualify for the Girls and/or U17 Invite and NOT the main Invite.  In that case, you still bowl the qualifying round at the Invite, but cannot advance to the finals, and the entry is only $30.  Please be sure to contact us with your squad choice if this turns out to be the case for you.

       The event Saturday 6/27 at Let It Roll will now have squads at 9 AM and Noon, NOT 9 AM and 1 PM.  They have two oil machines and think they will have the lane space to make a three-hour turnaround happen.  So, if you signed up for B squad please note that is now at Noon.  And yet again, note that this could easily all change again.  Check back often.

         Many are asking about mask restrictions.  The answer is simply “we don’t know”.  It will likely be different at each event.   I hope you won’t have to bowl with masks on (but you of course can), but you may need to have them on when you walk around.  We just don’t know.  Similarly, remember that format changes, moving pairs less often or not at all, and much more are all possible and/or likely.  When things ‘open’, they’ll be anything but ‘normal’.  All we are trying to do is save some of the JBT season by at least getting the kids on the lanes in some form.  You can probably see that we have no interest in taking a political stance on all this, or what we ‘believe is right’, we’re just trying to run a tournament that you voluntarily choose (we hope) to come to.  Save the drama for another time please.  J   

     Along those lines, 1-2 weeks before each weekend, we’ll give a ‘final call’ as to what the format will be, if it’s two squads or re-combined into one squad, a max number of people in the building, everything.  Centers need to prepare their staffs, etc.  That means we need you to be flexible, and check often for updates, as they may well be significant.  If you’re making reservations, make them cancel-able.  Be ready for anything.  Even AFTER the ‘final call’ things could change if something totally unforeseen happens.  Here’s where we stand on each weekend:

      Silva 6/20-21: The Governor of NM did not open bowling centers on 6/1 (but did open gyms).  This makes the timing pretty tight if updates are given every two weeks.   We are starting to speak with Texas centers as backups, as there are no other weekends left.  A weeknight event is a last resort.  If we do move centers (which means moving states), we’d like you to confirm/cancel your attendance once again so we can plan accordingly.  Ugh.    Moving pairs each game is unlikely, which among other things will alter the format of the Invite finals.  Max capacity restrictions will very likely be in place- one spectator per bowler?  Three?  NONE?!  Maybe.  We don’t know.  Nobody does.  Did we mention to stay tuned??

       Let It Roll 6/27-28:  It’s possible that every pair can be used, but we’re keeping it to two squads because of concerns about max. people in the building.  Again note B squad’s noon starting time. Moving pairs each game is unlikely, which among other things will alter the format of the Invite finals. Did we mention to stay tuned?

       Triangle 7/3-5: If you haven’t signed up for Friday night, do so soon as 48 is the limit.  Please note Friday is a purely scratch event, no handicap of any kind, and counts for scratch division points. Handicap bowlers are welcome to try it, and many have signed up, but it’s a scratch event.  For all three days, we’re worried about max. capacity rules.  It may very well have to be limited to one spectator per bowler, or even NONE (what if capacity is 50)?  You mean, you expect parents to sit in the parking lot in that case?  Yup.  THIS IS NOT ‘NORMAL’.  We are concerned about someone driving from far away with a younger kid, somehow not knowing they aren’t allowed with their kid in the building.  That’s far, far less than ideal.  We hope this isn’t the case, but you need to be very aware of that possibility.  Moving pairs each game is unlikely, which among other things will alter the format of the Invite finals. Did we mention to stay tuned?

       Sunset Station (Strike Zone) July 11-12:  If you’ve been away for a while, please note this was moved from Texas Station.  It may be possible to use more than every-other-lane, but they’re not even open yet to test everything, and max. occupancy rules will likely be in effect.  We hope to use this weekend as a ‘test drive’ to see what works well in that center in preparation for TPC.  Moving pairs each game is unlikely, which among other things will alter the format of the Invite finals. Did we mention to stay tuned?

       Winnetka July 17-18: You really need to be on your toes for this one.  It is pretty likely that LA County centers will not be open/ready by then.  We have a backup center committed and ready to go.  If we do move centers, we’d like you to confirm/cancel your attendance once again so we can plan accordingly.  Moving pairs each game is unlikely, which among other things will alter the format of the Invite finals. Did we mention to stay tuned?

       TPC July 23-26: We’ve been on this for literally hours a day, things are changing so fast as Vegas centers prepare to open.  First, please choose you squad for Saturday if you haven’t.  All we want is that Saturday info because we don’t know if there will be restrictions on the Sweeper and Top Dawg sizes- as soon as we know, you’ll know and be able to sign up.  If Saturday re-combines into one big group that bowls both squads, we will of course let you know.  Max. occupancy restrictions make this unlikely.  There will definitely be no ball storage, so get your calves ready.  Next, dinner/awards: that’s bad news.  We had started with the gorgeous Club Madrid, but that’s out.  We then had the Feast Buffet space (since it’s dead), but that has now been re-purposed (and could only fit 90 with social distancing).  So… dinner is out, and there is nowhere to have awards Saturday night.  SO… our next idea is to present the season-long awards Sunday morning at the center before bowling.  That could actually look pretty nice (and is our only option right now).  And it’s one less ‘cost’ to you as well.  All this could change if things loosen up in Vegas- did we tell you to stay tuned?

        TPC hotel: sharp-eyed folks saw we posted the long-awaited, heavily negotiated JBT room block yesterday.  You can also call and book under code JBTSCI2.  Even sharper-eyed folks have pointed out that they could find better rates.  This happens all the time in Vegas, as the departments that create discount specials don’t always talk to each hotel’s people creating room block contracts (yes, for real.  A lot.)  I have a fairly terse call and email in to Sunset to see what we can do.  We really *need* you to book under our block, since the hotel’s tracking of our block’s pickup is what the hotel determines our ‘worth’ by.  So…. If you can, just hold on a little bit before booking, to see if we can get things slightly better.  If you’ve already booked, we’ve been able to get people taken care of retroactively if we get better rates. Plus, to be honest, I’m personally on the hook if rooms don’t get filled.  They don’t separate between me, an individual, and some big multi-million company. See why we don’t do hotel blocks every week?  Did we say to stay tuned?

      Like we said, lots going on.  Congrats if you read this far.  Stay tuned, stay flexible, stay healthy, and see you soon!




UPDATE 5-19:

       NEW SCHEDULE: On our website’s schedule page you’ll now see a whole new schedule to take us up to TPC.  Each conference still has its regular season finale on Saturday and Invitational on Sunday, and the PNW has even added a Friday night ‘battle bag’ event!  It now starts 6/20 with NM-TX, and continues through 7/19 at So Cal, with the TPC still 7/23-26 at Strike Zone.

      POINTS: As the points stand right now, if you are ‘qualified’ for an Invitational (by being in the top 32 in points or by making two top 4s), you are IN and can’t fall out.  Similarly, if you are currently ‘in’ the TPC (by being in the top 20 in a conference’s points or top 100 all-conference points), you’re officially IN the TPC and can’t fall out.  However, you can still ‘jump in’ to an Invite(s) or TPC based on how you do in the upcoming events.  Also, Bowlers of the Year, All-Star teams, Invite byes, and TPC byes are all determined after the Invites are over as usual, so there’s still an enormous amount up for grabs.

      TPC:  Qualifying will be broken into two squads, and those who’ve qualified- the list is on the website- can now choose their squad anytime by contacting us.  A squad will bowl at 8 AM, and B squad at 1 PM.  Everything else TPC related (dinner, hotel, sweepers, etc) is very close to getting finalized, so hold up until we post our next notice about it.

     TWO SQUADS: All remaining events (except 7/3) will have two qualifying squads.  If you’ve already signed up, please contact us to choose a squad.  If you haven’t signed up, please do so soon and choose a squad when you do.  As the events’ dates approach, we’ll let you know if there are any other restrictions like max spectators, etc., or if restrictions have eased enough to allow one ‘normal’ squad.   So, please check the website and facebook very often for any new information.

       We’ve tried hard to make drinkable lemonade from a very lemony situation.  We need your help to spread the word to everyone who may not read this, including new bowlers who are still very welcome.  Stay tuned for additional details especially on TPC, and we’ll see you June 20 in Albuquerque!





- Events 5/9-10 at Glendale and 5/16-17 at Mira Mesa are now cancelled; those centers won't be open yet. 

- The events July 11-12 at Texas Station are MOVED to Sunset Station, same dates.  Texas will not yet be open, and Sunset offers the best chance of being tournament-ready.

- We are in very close contact with all our other host centers, but have no other updates.  Additional schedule changes and/or adjustments are very possible as upcoming dates get swallowed up by the virus and its effects.  Please help us spread the word to others about any changes we are forced to make.

- Our goal (hope) is to at least get all 5 Invitationals and the TPC in (and as many of the remaining regular events as well).  That may or may not be how it turns out- as a wise man said, stay prepared for anything, and surprised by nothing).

- While some areas of the country are indeed 'opening' soon, it is a very different thing as to when a place like a bowling center can re-open, PLUS a loosening of distancing requirements, that would make having tournaments possible.  Alterations to formats are a definite possibility.  Limits like using every other pair, max people per pair, and max people in the building, are all possible or even likely, for a very long time, and may change or impede tournaments as we know them.  (This is one of an avalanche of reasons that Gold had to cancel, no matter how painful it is.)

- We miss you!  Stay safe, and see you soon!